[FOOTBALL] ACS Hackers football 2014 draft discussion

Start a topic and discuss your draft with your league managers.
Wrigbone

Re: [FOOTBALL] ACS Hackers football 2014 draft discussion

Post by Wrigbone » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Two effin kickers and there are still four rounds to go. I like the ideas that have been suggested in the previous few posts. The funny part is even if we make "some people" lose their turn and have to pick at the end there will still be plenty of kickers left...WHICH IS WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PICK THEM IN THEM FIRST PLACE!

Rockland Raiders

Post by Rockland Raiders » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:28 am

The first real lesson to be learned is not to pick a kicker in round 9. Had Lacuna waited, Prater would have been suspended and he would have saved a pick.

The second lesson is not to pick a kicker in round 13!

Wrigbone

Post by Wrigbone » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Rockland Raiders wrote:The first real lesson to be learned is not to pick a kicker in round 9. Had Lacuna waited, Prater would have been suspended and he would have saved a pick.

The second lesson is not to pick a kicker in round 13!
Where is the "Like" button?

BTW - I bet he just drafted a 2nd kicker and has no clue Prater is suspended :lol:

jeffg

Post by jeffg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Hey guys..... Sorry I have not been more active in the forum, as usual I am on vacation during our football draft. Looks like we fininshed (almost) 17 rounds in 10 days. I'll be home from the shore Wednesday night before leaving for another weekend road trip Friday so will do my best to enter everything Thursday.

It was frustrating at times but for the most part well paced. I'd be willing to put a vote forward for a clock on next year like 4-6 hours during the day M-F 9am to 9pm ET (remember we are not all in the Eastern time zone, we have one manager in Denver and one in Memphis) or even talk about putting on a 24 hour cumulative clock per person per draft during those hours, but it will likely not make a difference in getting this done that significantly quicker and only put any offender at a disadvantage competively if picks are missed and filled in later. The real key is for everyone to prepare for the draft ahead of time so they are ready to pick quicker when they are up or use tools like autopick or designated pickers when their pick is close. This draft site is perfect if we ALL follow these courtesies and it gives us time when it is our turn to see and react to the flow of picks and vet for any late injury or suspension news. I have also always asked for heads ups via this forum if unexpected delays come about. I would hate to put this clock in and then a real unanticipated delay come about and wreck someone's season before it even begins.

Anyway, as always it was a good draft and could be anyone's year.

Good luck to all

Montana56

Post by Montana56 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:11 pm

91 hours and counting. I don't think anyone else has even been 20% that bad.

Rockland Raiders

Post by Rockland Raiders » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:07 am

If you look at the team drafts, you will see that some people utilize autopick (Rick S. is the king of auto pick) and some never auto pick. If people would utilize this feature more I think we could avoid implementing a clock.

The clock could backfire; if I know I have four hours to pick I might actually use them. Now, I feel a commitment to the league to make a pick as soon as possible.

Rockland Raiders

Post by Rockland Raiders » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 am

BTW, I noticed that four teams are carrying two defenses. When I did that a few years ago I was chastised for doing that. Turned out I was wrong then (I hate to say it but Wrigbone was right); I did an analysis after the season an saw that if I had either defense I would have gone at least to the finals. There were enough times where chosing the other defense would have won me the week that I would have netted a few more wins (Murphy's law in action).