[BASEBALL] Wait Till Last Year

Start a topic and discuss your draft with your league managers.
jakerbelly

Re: [BASEBALL] Wait Till Last Year

Post by jakerbelly » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:24 pm

obarry25 wrote:mmm CORNED BEEF BABY! Got 12 pounds of brisket brining its little heart out right now in Guiness :mrgreen:
Chef Barry :lol:

Curby

Post by Curby » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 pm

obarry25 wrote:mmm CORNED BEEF BABY! Got 12 pounds of brisket brining its little heart out right now in Guiness :mrgreen:

I am only an hour away...you can share. :D

Funston

Post by Funston » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Don't the ends of the draft only get 1 clock? The system doesn't "know" this?

obarry25

Post by obarry25 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Curby wrote:

I am only an hour away...you can share. :D
Well get in the car, son! I'll be watching basketball and cooking away!

Funston

Post by Funston » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Lehigh!!!!

jakerbelly

Post by jakerbelly » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Funston wrote:Lehigh!!!!
Not sure if its just me but I associate our annual baseball draft with the tourney and Duke losing :D

jakerbelly

Post by jakerbelly » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Funstion, I'm headed up to Mohegan Sun for the CT HS Hoops Championships. Does Chooch still frequent the tables? :D

obarry25

Post by obarry25 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Funston wrote:Lehigh!!!!
Ugh...not actually unexpected, to tell the truth... Ryan Kelly was a big part of this offensive team...oh well...go SEMINOLES!

Mario LeMoose

Round 15 Pick Correction

Post by Mario LeMoose » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 am

Per e-mail from Kahuna: The round 15 autopick for team Canseco was Right incorrectly selected Carlos Zambrano. He has been replaced with Ryan Raburn.

If any further draft-related mistakes occur, please communicate with me through the Draftime forum's PM feature (preferred) or my roadrunner.com e-mail address. Do not use the old "moose-mail.com" account; in fact, you should probably remove that information from your address book. Thanks.

jakerbelly

Post by jakerbelly » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I've made 2 picks since Thursday! :shock: Can we get moving please?????

Me or OJ would be on double secret probation by now!!! :lol:

obarry25

Post by obarry25 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

jakerbelly wrote:I've made 2 picks since Thursday! :shock: Can we get moving please?????

Me or OJ would be on double secret probation by now!!! :lol:
Nah, we'd already be in the stockade :roll:

jakerbelly

Post by jakerbelly » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:12 pm

The Shelton Mitey Mite Rockets scored 6 points in the final minute including the winning bucket by the youngest Jaker to move on to the Round of 8!!!!! Its March Madness! :lol:

Funston

Post by Funston » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 am

Nice job, lil jaker!

It's actually me, Chooch, that's been manning this draft (I really need to rename our draftime username since my partner is so vain). Funston has been busy of late but I'm hoping he participates once the season starts.

Haven't been to Mohegan in a while but I try to hit Foxwoods once a quarter or so. It's been sad having online poker seized by the feds :-(.

Mario LeMoose

Play Nice

Post by Mario LeMoose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:05 am

I'll be out of touch, with no computer access, from 9:15 a.m. until around 1:00-1:30 p.m. today. I've been making an effort to upload draft selections daily at Yahoo!; log in and go to Draft Central, then select Draft Results (or use the URL below) to check on your team:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... fttab=team

Please report any errors ASAP. "Errors" don't include players who have been optioned to the minors.
:wink: Bryce Harper :wink:

obarry25

Re: Play Nice

Post by obarry25 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:55 am

Mario LeMoose wrote:I'll be out of touch, with no computer access, from 9:15 a.m. until around 1:00-1:30 p.m. today. I've been making an effort to upload draft selections daily at Yahoo!; log in and go to Draft Central, then select Draft Results (or use the URL below) to check on your team:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... fttab=team

Please report any errors ASAP. "Errors" don't include players who have been optioned to the minors.
:wink: Bryce Harper :wink:

He was worth a flyer...I'm in prospect mode this year...looks like Belt might get squeezed out too... :wink:

jakerbelly

Post by jakerbelly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Found some notes from our first draft years ago. Alteast the 1st one I participated in. I had the #1 pick and selected Pedro, took Mariano in Round2 (before I knew not to pay for saves I guess) and followed that with Mussina. No wonder I wound up with Ron Coomer playing first! :shock:

Mario LeMoose

Post by Mario LeMoose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:22 pm

jakerbelly wrote:Found some notes from our first draft years ago. Alteast the 1st one I participated in. I had the #1 pick and selected Pedro, took Mariano in Round2 (before I knew not to pay for saves I guess) and followed that with Mussina. No wonder I wound up with Ron Coomer playing first! :shock:
Wow, Jaker, was that from our Sandbox days? Remember the slow live draft with the 24-hour time limit between picks? Yikes!

Just for kicks, here are your Yahoo! draft results from 2003 (you were using a different ID at the time). Kudos on landing the 'roid brothers!

D.a.m.n. Yankees
1. (9) Jeremy Giambi (CWS - 1B,OF,Util)
2. (12) Benito Santiago (NYM - C,Util)
3. (29) D'Angelo Jimenez (StL - 2B,3B,Util)
4. (32) Jason Giambi (Col - 1B,Util)
5. (49) Miguel Tejada (SF - SS,Util)
6. (52) Tim Hudson (Atl - SP,P)
7. (69) Jeff Kent (LAD - 2B,Util)
8. (72) Ichiro Suzuki (Sea - OF,Util)
9. (89) Mike Mussina (NYY - SP,P)
10. (92) Bobby Abreu (LAA - OF,Util)
11. (109) Randy Wolf (Mil - SP,P)
12. (112) Josh Beckett (Bos - SP,P)
13. (129) Keith Foulke (Oak - RP,P)
14. (132) Mike Williams (TB - RP,P)
15. (149) Ugueth Urbina (Phi - RP,P)
16. (152) Carlos Lee (Hou - OF,Util)
17. (169) Adrian Beltre (Tex - 3B,Util)
18. (172) Randy Winn (Bal - OF,Util)
19. (189) Ramon Ortiz (SF - SP,P)
20. (192) Toby Hall (Tex - C,Util)
21. (209) Orlando Cabrera (SF - SS,Util)
22. (212) Arthur Rhodes (StL - RP,P)
23. (229) Joe Crede (Col - 3B,Util)
24. (232) Travis Hafner (Cle - 1B,Util)
25. (249) Carlos Zambrano (Mia - SP,RP,P)

This entry is from the Chat Regs League with Flot as commish, using the points scoring system. The only manager we've lost out of that original group of ten is Wolfie ... I wonder how he fared with his poker career. :)

jakerbelly

Post by jakerbelly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm

It was Sandbox, yes the ol Slow Live Draft! Wolf! I wonder where Yanks and Bigco are? Jube? Jemmej? Bears? All ESPN Hockey chat legends.

Curby

Post by Curby » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

jakerbelly wrote:It was Sandbox, yes the ol Slow Live Draft! Wolf! I wonder where Yanks and Bigco are? Jube? Jemmej? Bears? All ESPN Hockey chat legends.

Ahhh. The good 'ole days. :D

obarry25

Post by obarry25 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:12 pm

jakerbelly wrote:It was Sandbox, yes the ol Slow Live Draft! Wolf! I wonder where Yanks and Bigco are? Jube? Jemmej? Bears? All ESPN Hockey chat legends.
Ah, memories...when we used to have time to chat! I still talk to Big every once in a while, and JJ has taken a sabbatical from fantasy...I think the wife forced it :wink:

Lost track of Bears, and Jube...although I feel like yanks is still kinda around as long as jaker is :lol:

Sad note, though...my very good friend, and another ESPN legend, Crazy Matt, passed away tragically, leaving his wife and son behind...RIP Matthew.

Mario LeMoose

Post by Mario LeMoose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Jemmej ... still around and participating actively in our BBC Regs on a Raft games at ESPN
Unfortunately, I lost his e-mail addresses (and much, much more) in a hard drive crash a couple of years ago. :cry:

Bearsy ... sports editor in Indiana (reasonably sure this is our guy)
http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/our_news ... ontact_us/
http://twitter.com/#!/LPCSportsGuy

obarry25

Post by obarry25 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Mario LeMoose wrote:
Jemmej ... still around and participating actively in our BBC Regs on a Raft games at ESPN
Unfortunately, I lost his e-mail addresses (and much, much more) in a hard drive crash a couple of years ago. :cry:

I see JJ in the ESPN games, but nowhere else?

Curby

Post by Curby » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:48 pm

obarry25 wrote:
Ah, memories...when we used to have time to chat! I still talk to Big every once in a while, and JJ has taken a sabbatical from fantasy...I think the wife forced it :wink:

Lost track of Bears, and Jube...although I feel like yanks is still kinda around as long as jaker is :lol:

Sad note, though...my very good friend, and another ESPN legend, Crazy Matt, passed away tragically, leaving his wife and son behind...RIP Matthew.
Sorry to hear about Crazy Matt. :(

Mario LeMoose

Post by Mario LeMoose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:50 pm

obarry25 wrote:... I see JJ in the ESPN games, but nowhere else?
The last non-ESPN game that I was able to twist jj's arm into joining was a one-time "fun" Yahoo! hockey league in 2006 that featured rotisserie scoring and nontraditional categories.

I'm sure he did it just to be nice. The rest of us were no competition for him.

Curby

Post by Curby » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Mario LeMoose wrote:

Moose....I may have some email addy's if you need any. I will look thru and forward to you.

What about the guy from Brazil...[BLEEP]...can't remember the name. I know his espn name was Ozforever (I think) :oops: