[BASEBALL] About Time Hardball Starts X

Start a topic and discuss your draft with your league managers.
Mario LeMoose

[BASEBALL] About Time Hardball Starts X

Post by Mario LeMoose » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Draftime Home Page:
http://www.draftime.com/

Mario LeMoose

Draft Odor

Post by Mario LeMoose » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Draft order, as determined by blind draw:

01 ... Curby's Team
02 ... Swedish Whores
03 ... Three and Out
04 ... Toral Loyalists
05 ... Mudville 9
06 ... Taxes stRangers
07 ... philflyboy
08 ... Aggy's Miracles
09 ... Perm Dudes
10 ... Worst Commish Evah :twisted:

Mario LeMoose

League Settings

Post by Mario LeMoose » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Scoring ... head-to-head
New players become available ... wait until called up to majors
Maximum moves (waiver wire/free agent acquisitions for the entire season) ... 35
Maximum trades ... no maximum
Trade reject time ... 2 days
Trade end date ... September 2, 2012
Waiver time ... 2 days
Waiver type ... continual rolling list
"Can't cut" list provider ... none
Trade review ... league votes
Post-draft players ... follow waiver rules
Minimum innings pitched ... 15 (per week)
Weekly deadline ... daily–tomorrow (daily starting lineup changes)
Start scoring ... Week 1
Playoffs ... Weeks 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams)
(Week 24 runs 7 days from September 17 to September 23)
Playoff reseeding ... no
Lock eliminated teams ... no (evil commish will lock if necessary)
Divisions ... no
Draft rounds ... 23
Roster positions ... C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF (3), Util (2), SP (2), RP (2), P (3), BN (6); DL (2)
Stat categories ... R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS; W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Remember that you can use Draftime to trade picks, players, or both.

Mario LeMoose

Getting Started (Same Ol' Stuff)

Post by Mario LeMoose » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Official draft start: Monday, March 12, 9:00 a.m. EDT

• The draft will run without a time limit between picks for the first round, assuming no prolonged delays.
• After the first round, a four-hour limit between picks will apply so that we do not fall behind pace.
• The overnight pause will be midnight to 9:00 a.m. Eastern; this is a daily pause, i.e., also includes Saturday-Sunday.
• We will be drafting on weekends unless I post otherwise.
• Add a secondary e-mail address, if you have one, to your Draftime user account to ensure that draft notification messages are received. Make sure your primary e-mail address on record with Draftime is a current one.
• Please do not post draft-related messages at Yahoo!; use this forum. If you need to get a private message to me, use the "PM" feature here, as I rarely check my personal (rr.com) e-mail account during work hours.
• Managers with the #1 and #10 draft positions in each round have a single clock, not double time, for their picks.

All draft picks are restricted to players in the current Yahoo! pool for our league at the time your turn occurs. Please remember that the Draftime player list is not customized by league. If you have any questions regarding a player's eligibility, take a moment to check the Yahoo! player list for our league before you draft him. "Placeholders" are not allowed.

The Draftime player list shows only the following positions: C, INF, OF, P. An Excel 2007 workbook version of our league's player pool (current as of Sunday, March 4) will be available here for download until March 11:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3Bu ... VlVPd3NUQw
Disclaimer: This file is being provided as a courtesy by your commish to assist in determining position eligibility. Navigate by using the tabs at the bottom of each worksheet ("all batters," "all pitchers," and position-by-position). Header rows are "frozen" so that they will remain visible as you scroll up and down pages. I accept no responsibility for errors/omissions.

Slacker penalty: If a manager runs the full draft clock twice without making a pick, his/her team will receive only half the normally allotted time for the next four rounds. Please maintain an adequate AVIALABLE queue and communicate with your fellow league members ... especially your designated picker(s). Evil Commish reserves the authority to impose reduced clock time beyond the four-round penalty for any manager who repeatedly misses his/her turn. Such an extreme measure should not be necessary, given the auto-pick and designated picker options available in Draftime. :twisted:

Mario LeMoose

Draft Clock

Post by Mario LeMoose » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:20 am

Great first-day progress in our draft! Please be prepared to work with a four-hour limit between picks after we finish round three. This is not a punitive measure ... just a way of managing time to ensure that we will finish on schedule. (Yes ... same message that was just e-mailed via Yahoo!) :twisted:

Mario LeMoose

Great Job!

Post by Mario LeMoose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Draft results have been recorded and teams are now available at Yahoo! (select March 22 or a later date to view). Please double-check to ensure that your Yahoo! roster is consistent with your Draftime selections; if you spot any errors, please notify me ASAP.

Huge thanks for keeping the draft moving so expeditiously. 8)

~ Worst Commish Evah ~

Curby

Re: Great Job!

Post by Curby » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Mario LeMoose wrote:Draft results have been recorded and teams are now available at Yahoo! (select March 22 or a later date to view). Please double-check to ensure that your Yahoo! roster is consistent with your Draftime selections; if you spot any errors, please notify me ASAP.

Huge thanks for keeping the draft moving so expeditiously. 8)

~ Worst Commish Evah ~
That was moving pretty fast. No OJ rule needed here. :wink: